Winter League 2018 – Sponsored by
Sundays from 14th October until 2nd December inclusive
- Create your own team of 4 players (Men only). Teams pick their team name.
- Paper entry sheet at bar & club shop.(Closing date for entries: Fri 12th October).
- €20 entry fee per person.
- Junior rules apply (also only 1 junior per team of 4 permitted).
- Five Day Members not eligible to enter.
- Presentation Sunday 9th of December
Committee will put names on BRS at closing date and entry fee will be taken through BRS so please make sure you have enough money in your account. Make sure also that your teammates are all topped up so you can get on sheet together easily.
New Members and those without a group of 4:
If you don’t have 4 players, put your name down anyway and the committee and shop will assist in completing a team for you.
Weeks 1, 2, 4, 6 and 7 will be various 2 Man Team formats whilst weeks 3, 5 & 8 will be 4 Man Team events.
Teams decide pairings each week in 2 Man events with the best pair from team each week counting for league points.
If only 3 from a team is available on a given week then the usual low man rule applies and therefore the team can have 2 pairings with the low man partnering both of the other 2. Minimum of 2 from a team required to play each week.(otherwise zero league points).
Weekly competition formats are as follows:
- Week 1 = 2 Man Team (1 to count all holes)
- Week 2 = 2 Man Team (1 to count all holes)
- Week 3 = 4 Man Team (2 scores to count on each hole)
- Week 4 = 2 Man Team (1 to count all holes). 4th
- Week 5 = 2 Man Stableford Multiplier *(see below for rules)
- Week 6 = 4 Man Team (2 scores to count on each hole)
- Week 7 = 2 Man Team 2 Man Stableford Multiplier. *(see below for rules)
- Week 8 = 4 Man Team (2 scores to count on each hole)
* 2 Man Stableford Multiplier Rules
If both players score 3pts on a hole the result will be 3×3=9pts.
If both players score 2pts on a hole the result will be 2×2=4pts.
If one player scores 1pt & the other scores 2pts the result will be 1×2=2pts.
If one player scores 0pts and the other scores 2pts the result will be 0x2=0pts.
The secret is… don’t scratch a hole!
Weekly league points are based on a team’s best pair’s position each week as follows: 1st – 20, 2nd – 17, 3rd – 15, 4th – 14, 5th – 13…. All the way down to last. (if 2 pairs from a team play only best one counts for league)
On weeks where a 4 Man Team is played the same points system is applied.
Teams missing a player on a given Sunday, can play with 3 players. A 4th player (non league player) can play on that team but only for weekly competition purposes and 2 cards must be marked. (4 cards if it’s a 2 Man Team).
If only 2 from a team on a weekly timesheet with no opposition they may play and mark their own card.
Teams count best 6 from 8 weeks scores
If any course closures happen during the league, the following applies, 5 from 7wks, 4 from 6wks, 4 from 5wks and so on.
No handicap cuts for league. Cuts only apply for weekly competition purposes.
Each week you must enter separate cards for the league and the competition of the week. Therefore on a 2-man competition week, there will be 2 cards for the 2 league pairings and a further 2 cards for the 2-man competition of the day (note that winter cuts apply to the competition of the day and not the league).
Each weeks competition can be played by league and non league entrants.
Committee’s decision is final on league cancellations due to weather delays or course closures